EPS for Builders
EPSTM is a scoring system that helps define a home's energy consumption, utility costs and carbon footprint. It also serves as both a pathway and promotional tool for builders who understand the added value of homes that use energy wisely. If you’re a builder who strives to build quality, comfort and efficiency into your homes, EPS is a tremendous resource that benefits both you and the homebuyer. Meet EPS requirements and you’ll receive cash incentives of up to $5,200 per home, plus access to marketing tools that help you showcase the efficient features of your homes.
What can EPS do for you
- Highlight the superior energy performance you’ve built into a home
- Demonstrate how your home compares to code-built homes in Oregon
- Distinguish your home with features beyond location, amenities and price
- Enhance your reputation as a builder of quality homes with low operating costs
- Gain credibility by offering third-party verified homes
- Improve customer satisfaction by delivering performance-tested homes
- Allow homebuyers to easily compare homes based on energy costs and efficiency
- Receive cash incentives for qualified projects
How to apply for an EPS
- Submit your home plans to a program-approved verifier for project modeling and advice on best practices. Click here to search for a verifier in your area.
- Your verifier will use energy modeling software to estimate the energy savings of the home. Then, the verifier will estimate your incentive amount. By working with your verifier to select additional energy-efficiency measures, you can improve the home’s EPS and earn more incentives.
- Your verifier will inspect your home and perform diagnostic tests to evaluate energy performance.
- Once the home has been built and verified, your verifier will update the project model with inspection details and performance results, confirm your incentives and issue the final EPS.
Join the trade ally network
To qualify for EPS incentives and resources, you first need to join Energy Trust’s New Homes trade ally network. Not yet a member? Joining is easy. There’s no cost and you’ll gain instant access to incentive opportunities, trainings and other valuable resources that can help position you as a leader in energy-efficient homebuilding. Contact the New Homes trade ally coordinator at 1.877.283.0698 or by email to get started.