Builder incentives for projects in southwest Washington
Energy Trust supports efforts to build beyond code, improving the energy efficiency of new homes in southwest Washington. Builders and subcontractors operating in this region are eligible to receive incentives for installing energy-efficient upgrades in newly built homes in NW Natural’s service territory. You must be an Energy Trust New Homes trade ally to qualify.
Become an Energy Trust trade ally
Enrolling is easy—membership is free and open to Washington State Department of Labor and Industries licensed and insured contractors building new single-family residences in NW Natural service territory in southwest Washington. By becoming an Energy Trust trade ally, you can distinguish yourself in a competitive market and you’ll be eligible to receive cash incentives for newly built homes that meet specific energy-efficiency requirements.
Steps to becoming a New Homes trade ally builder:
Energy Trust currently offers the following incentives:
Builders or subcontractors are eligible for a $200 cash incentive* for installing a tankless gas hot water heater (must meet or exceed 0.82 EF) in a newly built home.
Builders or subcontractors are eligible for a $150 cash incentive* for installing a tank gas hot water heater (must meet or exceed 0.67 EF) in a newly built home.
Builders are eligible for a $600 cash incentive* on gas-heated ENERGY STAR® certified homes. Along with the $600 incentive, building with ENERGY STAR brings its own set of benefits:
- Recognition as a high-performance builder—Today’s homebuyers are savvier than ever, and energy efficiency ranks high on their wish list. Make your homes stand out by building above code and meeting ENERGY STAR requirements.
- Higher customer satisfaction—ENERGY STAR homes provide superior comfort and overall performance thanks to their energy-efficient features.
- Access to builder resources—ENERGY STAR offers tools and resources to help you reach certification and meet efficiency requirements. Learn more.
- Have questions about how to submit your application? Check out our list of quick tips to make the process easier.
To apply for either of Energy Trust’s southwest Washington builder incentives, download the Washington Incentive Application (Form 620WA) and follow the directions listed on the application. For more information, contact the trade ally coordinator at 1.888.354.2604, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only Energy Trust New Homes trade allies are eligible. To qualify, homes must be gas-heated and served by NW Natural in southwest Washington.
- Only one incentive per home.
- Projects must be certified by December 31, 2013.
- Incentives are subject to change.