Brazing Certification Class
12/13/2013 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Name: Jason Brown
RSD - Salem
2837 22nd St SE #185
Salem OR 97302
Get Map & Directions
About Brazing Certification Class
RSD Salem is offering a brazing certification class for technicians who braze refrigeration piping 2” and smaller. The classroom lecture and test will cover the following subjects:
- Five Principles of Brazing
- Pipe and Fittings
- Heating Theory
- Discussion of Capillary Action
- Torch Components
- Filler Materials
The total cost is $340 and includes books, tests, materials and supplies. Class will be limited to the first 30 students. A light dinner will be provided before the class.
Students will need to bring the following:
- Torch set, Oxy-Acetylene or “B” tank with the appropriate sized torch to achieve temperatures of 1000 to 1500 degrees F.
- NO PROPANE OR MAPP torch sets are permitted.
- Cleaning Materials (i.e. scotch brite or sand cloth)
- Measuring Tape
- Tube Cutter
- Reaming Tool
- Tube Brush for ¾” ACR Tubing
- Safety Equipment
Call Jason Brown at 503.399.0919 with questions or to register.
For more information about Brazing Certification Class please visit http://www.oracca.org/
Event Presenters: RSD Salem
Event Categories: Professional Certification