What customers receive:
- Information on why and how to save energy or go solar
- Technical assistance on what efficient equipment or solar system to select for a home, apartment complex or building
- Cash (called incentives) and other financing options when certain equipment is installed or building construction practices are followed
- A network of contractors and installers they can turn to
It is our responsibility to ensure that all customers can directly benefit from these services, including communities of color and people with low and moderate incomes. We are committed to developing inclusive and diverse partnerships with nonprofits to better serve these communities.
How We Can Support Nonprofits Applying to PCEF
Energy Trust is not an official partner or contractor to the PCEF program. Because our work and mission to deliver clean energy benefits to Portlanders overlaps in ways with the PCEF program, our incentives for utility customers, information and support could be helpful to grant applicants.
If your nonprofit is considering applying for grants from PCEF to bring clean energy programs to communities of color and low-income Portlanders, or you want to know more about energy efficiency and renewable power, we’re here to help.
We can provide:
- Information on energy efficiency and solar technologies, benefits and investments by Energy Trust to date
- Information on our incentive amounts and requirements (depending on the type of project, incentives are delivered to the resident or business customer or the installation contractor)
- Potential examples of similar projects, case studies or Energy Trust partnership agreements
- Referrals to peers or other organizations
- Other – let’s talk
Energy Trust Info Session
View the presentation slides and video recording from an Energy Trust info session on July 16, held to share about Energy Trust’s financial and technical support nonprofits might consider when applying for a PCEF grant
Video presentation »
- Introduction: 0:00
- Agenda review: 4:20
- Welcome message and history to the passage of PCEF, Reverend E.D. Mondaine: 5:55
- Overview of Energy Trust mission, incentives and programs, Mike Colgrove: 10:45
- Presentation on Community Energy Project, Charity Fain: 20:20
- Review of Energy Trust energy and demographic reports, Hannah Cruz: 43:40
- Presentation on Constructing Hope, Pat Daniels: 46:23
- Breakout rooms
- Residential energy efficiency and solar: 1:02:00
- Commercial energy efficiency and solar: 1:18:00
- Energy Trust general: 1:32:50
- Reflection on the breakout room discussions and wrap up, Tyrone Henry: 1:47:20
Presentation PDF »
Contact Us to Get Started
To get started, tell us about your organization, what you want to do and what help you need.
Or call us at 1.888.777.0693.