High Performance Design Training: Setting Measurable Building Performance Targets for Deep Energy Savings
- This event has passed.
Join Energy Trust of Oregon’s New Buildings program and presenter Connor Jansen of Seventhwave to learn about performance-based procurement approaches to meeting building performance goals. Including energy as a metric in new construction contracts puts building performance on equal footing with project budget, schedule and program. In this session, we will help owners and developers set contractual, measurable energy goals within a competitive proposal process and assist design team members in understanding and meeting building performance targets.
The presentation will include:
- Early lessons learned in Seventhwave’s pilot program from both institutional and commercial ownership groups
- Market barriers to high-performance building development and solutions using contracting methodologies
- Incentive structures and other mechanisms that have been implemented in the procurement process to assist in meeting goals
- Case studies showcasing technical components of the process and key takeaways from design teams involved
The presentation will also include a facilitated interactive breakout session covering:
- Development of early energy use target setting using energy benchmarking data and shoebox energy analysis
- Operational sensitivities when working toward a real-world energy use goal
- Components needed for measurement and verification of performance