New gas furnaces are highly energy efficient and provide a comfortable heat source in living and common areas. To maximize efficiency, select a furnace appropriate for the space it will be heating. Ensuring ducts are properly sealed can also help cut down on energy costs by decreasing air leaks, keeping warm air in and expenses down.
If you own an individual condominium unit, townhome, duplex, triplex or fourplex in Washington, visit our Washington Multifamily page to view available cash incentives for gas furnace upgrades.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Property’s heating must be provided by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Find a trade ally contractor or work with your own contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
Complete and submit an incentive application with supporting documentation.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may be required.
Energy Trust is limiting the maximum amount of standard electric incentives a customer site may receive per year.
- Portland General Electric sites are limited to a maximum of $12,000 per site, per year.
- Pacific Power sites are limited to a maximum of $6,000 per site, per year.
|For side-by-side and duplex, triplex and fourplex properties only||Incentive||Requirements|
|Gas furnace||$300 per unit||
90% AFUE or greater. Only for furnaces used as primary heat source, not as back-up heat source.
|For stacked structures with 5 or more units only||Incentive||Requirements|
|Condensing gas furnace||$1.50 - $3.00 per kBtu/h||
Natural gas furnace of less than 225,000 Btu/h input that must serve multiple units or a common area. Offices are not considered common areas. Qualification based on Thermal Efficiency (TE). If TE is not provided, AFUE may be used.
Min 91% TE: $1.50 per kBtu/h
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change. Incentives are not intended to influence consumer decisions on fuel sources.
An Energy Trust instant incentive is a cash incentive that is provided as an immediate discount on a customer’s invoice, rather than a cash-back incentive check after installation. To receive an instant incentive, purchase directly from a participating distributor.
Thermal Supply – Portland
Participants receiving an instant incentive discount on equipment are not eligible to receive any additional Energy Trust incentives on same equipment.
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.