$50 cash incentive per unit
Installing ENERGY STAR® refrigerators will make your rental units more appealing to current and prospective tenants. ENERGY STAR refrigerators include special features, such as efficient compressors, improved insulation and more precise temperature and defrosting mechanisms.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Property’s electricity must be provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Purchase a qualifying refrigerator that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
Complete and submit an incentive application if you did not purchase from a participating retailer
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9 form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may be required.
Energy Trust limits the total amount of standard electric and gas incentives a customer site may receive per year. The incentive limit varies by utility:
- Portland General Electric (PGE) sites may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes PGE customers also served by NW Natural.
- Pacific Power sites may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes Pacific Power customers also served by NW Natural or Avista.
- NW Natural or Avista sites served by any other electric utility (not PGE or Pacific Power) may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year.
- Cascade Natural Gas customer sites:
- Served by Pacific Power and installing electric equipment may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year.
- Served by Pacific Power and installing gas or gas/electric equipment are not subject to an incentive limit.
- Served by any other electric utility (not Pacific Power) are not subject to an incentive limit.
|Refrigerator||$50 per unit||
Refrigerator must be 14.3 to 20.5 cubic feet with a top freezer, no through-the-door ice and must be active on the ENERGY STAR certified list. Find a list of qualified models here or contact a Program Representative.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
Price discounts are available for owners and managers of investment properties purchasing refrigerators. Call Standard TV & Appliance, Builder Division at 503.288.0221 for more information.
Participants receiving discounts on refrigerators are not eligible to receive any additional Energy Trust incentives on same equipment
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at email@example.com.