Save on water and energy bills by upgrading to energy-efficient water heaters. Replacing aging water heaters before they fail can reduce maintenance costs, allowing you to enjoy savings right away.
If you own an individual condominium unit, townhome, duplex, triplex or fourplex in Washington, visit our Washington multifamily page to view available cash incentives for gas tankless water heater upgrades.
To get started on your energy-efficient upgrade follow the steps below or contact a program representative.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
- Property’s water heating must be provided by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power; or by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista.
- Cash incentives are available to all Oregon multifamily attached residential properties with two or more units including: duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes; side-by-side units; and stacked structures with five or more units. For specific incentives based on your building type see the “Details” tab for further eligibility requirements.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet program requirements.
Purchase a qualifying water heater at retail, find a trade ally contractor or work with your own contractor.
View point-of-purchase options on the Details tab or we can help you get started with a trade ally contractor.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed on the Details tab.
Complete and submit an incentive application with supporting documentation.
- Proof of payment (invoice or receipt marked paid) and/or contractor’s invoice.
- Participants can receive either a point-of-purchase incentive at retail or a cash-back rebate, not both.
- A W-9 or Substitute W-9form is required for investment properties.
- Energy Trust must receive applications within 90 days from the date of purchase and installation.
Get your incentive.
You should receive a cash incentive check within 6-8 weeks after all information is received.
Note: A post-installation verification may be required.
Energy Trust limits the total amount of standard electric and gas incentives a customer site may receive per year. The incentive limit varies by utility:
- Portland General Electric (PGE) sites may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes PGE customers also served by NW Natural.
- Pacific Power sites may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes Pacific Power customers also served by NW Natural or Avista.
- NW Natural or Avista sites served by any other electric utility (not PGE or Pacific Power) may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year.
- Cascade Natural Gas customer sites:
- Served by Pacific Power and installing electric equipment may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year.
- Served by Pacific Power and installing gas or gas/electric equipment are not subject to an incentive limit.
- Served by any other electric utility (not Pacific Power) are not subject to an incentive limit.
|All property types*||Incentive||Requirements|
|Gas Commercial Tank Water Heater||$3.00 per kBtu/h||
Minimum 94% thermal efficiency, input of 75 kBtu/h or greater.
|Gas Commercial Condensing Tankless Water Heater||$2.25 per kBtu/h||
Minimum 92% thermal efficiency, electronic ignition, input of 200 kBtuh or greater. Integral tank volume must be less than 10 gallons.
|Domestic Hot Water (DHW) Recirculation Pump Controls||$100 per system||
Pump must be < 1/8 HP and control type must be aquastat, on-demand or learning controls and installed controls must meet applicable codes and regulations. Building must have central domestic hot water heating. Must be a standalone pump.
|DHW Recirculation Pump Controls||$500 per system||
Pump must be ≥ 1/8 HP and control type must be aquastat, on-demand or learning controls and installed controls must meet applicable codes and regulations. Building must have central domestic hot water heating. Must be a standalone pump.
|For stacked structures with 5 or more units only||Incentive||Requirements|
|Gas Condensing Tankless Water Heater||$300 each||
Installation of condensing tankless water heater with EF greater than or equal to 0.94. Input less than 200 kBtu/h. Must supply hot water to multiple units. Additional hot water storage tanks may not be added.
*Properties applying for incentives for water heaters must have water heating provided by a participating utility.
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
Retail discounts are available for select high-efficiency residential gas tank water heaters or heat pump water heaters. To receive a discount purchase directly from a retailer.
Price discounts are available for owners and managers of investment properties purchasing qualifying commercial water heaters. Call Stan the Hot Water Man at 503.760.2992 for more information.
Participants receiving discounts on water heaters are not eligible to receive any additional Energy Trust incentives on the same equipment.
Participants receiving a point-of-purchase incentive discount on a water heater are not eligible to receive any additional Energy Trust incentives on the same equipment.
Need Help? Contact Us.
We’re here to explain the process and benefits. Give us a call at 1.877.510.2130 or send us an email at email@example.com.