Support from Energy Trust
Wondering if your project is a good fit for solar? The first step is to meet with an Energy Trust solar trade ally early in the design process. You’ll receive a solar feasibility study plus incentives. From there, you’ll have access to additional incentives and expert guidance each step of the way:
Solar Feasibility—Up to $1,700 in incentives to determine the solar potential of your project.
Solar Ready Design—Up to $15,000 in incentives to build to Energy Trust solar ready standards if you can’t install solar panels at the time of construction.
Solar Installation—Up to $150,000 in incentives to install a solar electric system.
What is solar ready?
A solar ready building is designed to accommodate the future installation of solar panels and equipment after construction is complete. If you can’t install a complete solar electric system at the time of construction, building solar ready is your next best option. By planning ahead for solar, you’ll enjoy the following benefits when the time is right:
- Roof structure equipped for solar
- No need to relocate HVAC rooftop units
- No need to open walls for piping or conduit
- Plenty of space for required electrical components
- Plug-and-play process for adding solar panels and equipment
Solar installation incentives
When you’re ready to install solar panels, Energy Trust offers cash incentives that reduce the upfront cost of the equipment and installation. Federal tax credits paired with these incentives can lower the cost of installing solar panels by up to 75 percent.
If you plan to install solar panels on a new building that is under construction, it is best to reserve your solar installation incentives early. To learn how, contact your New Buildings outreach manager by email or at 1.877.467.0930.
Up to $15,000 in incentives to build to Energy Trust solar ready standards if you can’t install solar panels at the time of construction.
To qualify for solar ready assistance and incentives, the building owner must be invested in the solar design process and committed to completing a future solar installation. In addition, the project must meet all of the following criteria:
- The project must be served by Portland General Electric or Pacific Power to receive incentives for electric measures.
- The project must pay or plan to pay the public purpose charge.
- The project site must be located in Oregon.
- The project must be new construction, a renovation or an addition to an existing structure.
- The project must be a commercial, industrial, multifamily or institutional building.
- 1.5 Percent for Green Energy Technology in Public Buildings projects may receive solar feasibility and installation incentives, but are not eligible for solar ready incentives.
- The solar ready features must meet Energy Trust's Solar Ready Design and Construction Requirements.
Incentives are not intended to influence consumer decisions on fuel sources.
Customers must submit a completed copy of the Project Enrollment Form prior to applying for incentives.
Solar Ready Forms and Templates
Solar Installation Forms
Your solar trade ally will complete all forms that are required to apply for solar installation incentives. If you have questions about the process, please call 1.866.368.7878 or email our solar team.