Energy Trust offers an $800 cash incentive per residence. A maximum of two indoor units allowed per outdoor unit. Only two outdoor units per residence. An incentive is not available if home exceeds these amounts.
To qualify for this incentive:
- Residence must use electric resistance heat (examples include: baseboards, ceiling and wall heat or electric forced air furnaces) as the primary heat source.
- The ductless heat pump replaces the electric resistance heat in the main area of the home.*
- Unit must be inverter-driven with a minimum five-year warranty
- Ductless heat pump line sets—the pipes that transfer coolant between the outdoor and indoor units and are wrapped with insulation to prevent heat loss—must be enclosed by the line set cover. To prevent insulation deterioration from the sun, Energy Trust recommends wrapping the insulation with UV tape.
- Unit must be installed by a contractor who is trained by the manufacturer on the specific heat pump brand, and who attended a Northwest Ductless Heat Pump Project orientation webinar. Find an Energy Trust trade ally contractor.
*Please note: newly built homes, new additions, homes with existing heat pumps, boilers or gas furnaces do not qualify for this incentive.
Portland General Electric customers can also receive an incentive of $200 for each outdoor unit.
Moderate-income residents in Oregon who participate in Savings Within Reach are eligible to receive an increased cash incentive when a qualifying heat pump is installed by a participating contractor. Special requirements apply. See all available cash incentives for moderate-income residents.
Looking for additional heat pump information? Click here
Oregon Residential Energy Tax Credit: An Oregon tax credit may be available. View availability and requirements. Ask your tax professional for complete details.
Federal energy tax credit: A federal tax credit may be available. View availability and requirements. Ask your tax professional for complete details.
Oregon customers who heat their homes with electricity from Portland General Electric or Pacific Power can participate.
Homes with existing heat pumps, gas furnaces or boilers do not qualify.
Incentives are not intended to influence consumer decisions on fuel sources.
Apply online or mail or fax your completed Energy Trust Form 320H (PDF | Doc) along with your contractor’s invoice marked “paid in full.”