Photo: Pendleton Early Learning Center
Reaching and Serving Everyone
Energy Trust is dedicated to helping 1.7 million utility customers in Oregon and Southwest Washington save energy and generate renewable power, today and in the future. It is our responsibility to ensure that all customers can directly benefit from our services, including people with low and moderate incomes, communities of color and rural communities.
We strive to create a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive organization with employees, contractors, trade allies and community partnerships who contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services. We are committed to being an inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, supported, respected and valued. This will be a learning process. We expect to make mistakes along the way, and we pledge to learn from them.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Operations Plan
We understand that investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy lower energy costs, cut carbon emissions and strengthen local communities—resulting in economic benefits for all. However, there is more we can do to reach communities of color, low- and moderate-income customers and rural communities. We developed a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Operations Plan to better understand where gaps exist so that we can improve and enhance offerings for underserved customers.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Goals
- Report on Progress to Goals
- Publish the diversity, equity and inclusion operations plan and progress towards its goals.
- Measure Progress
- Develop systems and support needed to collect, track, analyze and report demographic information related to program participation, program delivery and Trade Ally Network members.
- Hire More Diverse Staff
- Increase the diversity in recruitment and hiring of employees by 25 percent.
- Expand Trade Ally Network
- Increase participation in the Trade Ally Network by minority-owned and women-owned businesses by 50 percent.
- Expand Trade Ally Projects
- Increase the number of projects completed by minority-owned
and women-owned trade allies by 15 percent.
- Diversify Contracts
- Increase the number of contracts executed with minority-owned
and women-owned businesses by 15 percent.
- Build Relationships
- Increase market awareness and understanding of underserved populations
by developing and deepening relationships with up to 50 organizations.
- Increase Awareness
- Increase organizational cultural awareness to create a more inclusive work environment where all employees feel welcome.
What Does Success Look Like?
When diversity is an integrated part of who we are and how we conduct our business, Energy Trust will be more innovative and better positioned to meet our goals. If we are successful, we will:
- Reach and serve all eligible customers, including communities of color, people with low and moderate incomes and rural communities
- Gain understanding and perspectives about our customers
- Work with more and different contractors to reach more customers
- Recruit, hire and support a more diverse workforce
- Develop staff skills and leadership in cultural competency
- Improve employee retention in a competitive economy
- Reduce energy costs, boost comfort and increase air quality for more Oregonians
Energy Trust’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts are spearheaded by staff from all departments:
- Mayra Aparicio – Human Resources Generalist
- Ashley Bartels – Marketing Project Manager
- Wendy Bredemeyer – Executive Assistant
- Michael Colgrove, executive director
- Ryan Crews – Residential Program Manager
- Kelly Ellmer – AP & Payroll Accountant
- Matt Getchell – Renewable Energy Project Manager
- Tyrone Henry – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead
- Alex Novie – Measure Development Manager
- Cameron Starr – Sr. Customer Service Strategies Manager
- Karl Whinnery – Sr. Infrastructure Manager
- Tamara Falls – Community Relations Manager with (PGE)
- Jenn Latu – Community Relations Manager with (PGE)
- Fredy Salazar – Energy Advisor, Multifamily with (TRC)
- Donald J. Shaw – Energy Advisor, Multifamily with (TRC)
Calling All Perspectives
To join the conversation, contact Tyrone Henry, diversity, equity and inclusion lead, at email@example.com.