Grocery stores rely on energy intensive equipment to preserve products and keep their businesses running, which can lead to high energy costs. We offer cash incentives to install energy-efficient equipment that can help improve your customers’ shopping experience and stock your store with savings.
Check your eligibility.Read More >
Energy Trust provides cash incentives to businesses for energy-efficiency and renewable power projects. To qualify, you must:
- Have a project site in Oregon served by Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista and contribute to the public purpose charge. Check your bill or contact Energy Trust if you have questions.
- Be improving an existing structure.
Find a trade ally contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed in the Oregon Incentive Application.
See the appropriate incentive application below to confirm equipment requirements before purchasing.
Get your incentive.
Note: A post-installation verification may apply.
See incentives available for grocery equipment outlined in the table below.
Energy Trust limits the total amount of standard electric and gas incentives a customer site may receive per year. The incentive limit varies by utility:
- Portland General Electric (PGE) sites may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes PGE customers also served by NW Natural. See Form 120P (Excel | PDF).
- Pacific Power sites may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes Pacific Power customers also served by NW Natural or Avista. See Form 120P-PAC (Excel | PDF).
- Cascade Natural Gas customer sites:
- Served by Pacific Power and installing electric equipment may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year. See Form 120P-CNG (Excel | PDF).
- Served by Pacific Power and installing gas or gas/electric equipment are not subject to an incentive limit. See Form 120P-CNG (Excel | PDF).
- Served by any other electric utility (not Pacific Power) are not subject to an incentive limit. See Form 120P-CNG (Excel | PDF).
|Anti-Sweat Heater Controls*||$40–$50 per linear ft of door|
|Evaporator Fan Motors*||$80–$120 per motor replaced|
|Refrigerated Doors*||$100–$200 per linear ft of door|
|New Cooler Cases with Doors*||$35–$70 per linear ft of door|
|Strip Curtains||$6 per sq ft|
|Variable Frequency Drive, Air or Evaporatively Cooled Condenser||$300 per fan motor hp|
|Floating Head Pressure Controls (FHPC), Compressor Rack, Air or Evaporatively Cooled Condenser*||$45 per compressor hp|
|Floating Suction Pressure Controls (FSPC), Compressor Rack, Air or Evaporatively Cooled Condenser*||$20 per compressor hp|
|FHPC and FSPC Concurrently, Compressor Rack, Air or Evaporatively Cooled Condenser*||$80 per compressor hp|
|On-Demand Overwrapper||$275 each|
*Pacific Power customer sites, including Pacific Power customer sites served by NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista, are not eligible for this incentive.
Energy Trust offers custom incentives for larger, more complex projects. Learn more about custom incentives >
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
Need Help? Contact Us.