All About ADUs
- This event has passed.
This half-day course is intended for brokers who are looking to increase their knowledge about Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) development and earn the ADU Specialist designation in order to respond to increasing client demand for properties with ADU potential.Increasing rates of prospective home buyers are interested in building an ADU on their property, and brokers on the cutting edge of this emerging development trend will be able to help homeowners/developers understand site eligibility, development process and costs, and the return on investment of ADUs. This course is intended to help brokers understand the basic planning and building regulations for ADU development in Portland and provide some insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area.
Become an ADU Specialist!
Display your tiny home expertise and credentials with our ADU Specialist designation. You must be an Earth Advantage Broker, take this All About ADUs course, and pass the ADU Exam to earn the ADU Specialist credential. Here’s how it works:
- Already an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course & take the ADU Exam.
- Not yet an EA Broker? Attend the All About ADUs course, complete EA Broker (either online for 7 CEs or live for 14 CEs) & take the ADU Exam for free!
- Understand what makes a property ADU-ready/eligible
- Learn what is involved in the process of getting approved to build an ADU
- Analyze taxation, valuation and financing options for ADUs
- Understand the ADU design, permitting, and building process (attached, detached, and garage conversion)
- Gain access to resources to help your clients plan for their ADU (including a budget sample, contract types, development rebate programs, and more)
- Gain insight on ADU regulations in the broader Portland Metro area
- Get answers to your ADU-specific questions & network with other brokers about this specialized topic
Questions? Contact Heather Kendall at email@example.com or (503) 968-7160 x20.