On the Level-Installation Elements for ERVs & HRVs
Among home builders and designers seeking airtight performance with balanced ventilation, many have decided to go with either a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) or energy recovery ventilator (ERV). Increasing code standards for ventilation will likely result in more HRV/ERV installations, and with any new technology or approach, this can lead to installation errors or inefficiencies.
Join us for this session with Bruce Sullivan of Base Zero LLC where we’ll go over the different use cases for HRVs/ERVs and help you navigate the strategies and pitfalls to help ensure an effective installation.
What you’ll learn:
- Identify the essential components of balanced heat recovery ventilator (HRV) and an energy recovery ventilator (ERV) ventilation systems
- Describe the difference between HRVs and ERVs as well as the appropriate applications of each
- List the steps for designing an effective HRV or ERV system
- Understand the key installation details to ensure effective system operation
- Explain the importance of high-efficiency filtration for ventilation make up air