Introducing the Diversity Advisory Council
The Diversity Advisory Council will provide advice and guidance to Energy Trust board and staff. Each member is approved by the board policy committee. The board-adopted charter for the Diversity Advisory Council was developed by community leaders with expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion and is in the July 2019 board packet.
The council meets multiple times throughout the year. All meetings are open to the public, and agendas and notes are posted online.
The Diversity Advisory Council is an ongoing, standing forum, whose main purpose is to:
- Provide input and feedback into the development of Energy Trust’s strategic plan, budgets and action plans, and annual business plans.
- Review and provide input on data analyses and data used to inform Energy Trust’s diversity, equity and inclusion work and energy efficiency and renewable energy program design.
- Review and assess Energy Trust’s progress toward its diversity, equity and inclusion operations plan goals and adoption of a diversity, equity and inclusion lens.
- Identify opportunities for advancing Energy Trust’s diversity, equity and inclusion work and achieving energy savings and generation goals.
- Identify topics, issues and connections for Energy Trust board and leadership consideration to inform their decision-making and work.
- Support the board and staff in their efforts to achieve and maintain diversity by advising the board on board member selection processes, and recommending members.
Want to join the Diversity Advisory Council?
Energy Trust does not currently have any open positions on our 11-member Diversity Advisory Council. Applications are accepted throughout the year and retained for future vacancies.
Applications can be submitted at any time. For questions, call 1.866.368.7878 or email DAC@energytrust.org.
The Diversity Advisory Council has 11 members. The council members bring a number of demonstrated characteristics:
- Expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion
- The ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse perspectives and experiences
- Interest in energy efficiency and renewable energy programs, services and impacts
- The ability to bring perspective on the geographic and demographic diversity of the region
Council members are appointed to a three-year term. They are eligible to be reappointed to a second term.
To join the Zoom meeting, you will need to register in advance here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.